Monday, December 13, 2010

Welcome to the Tech Learning Lab

I have had the opportunity to implement one to one technology in my classroom this year and I would like to share my successes and my trip-ups.  I hope that I can help other teachers who are implementing technology initiatives in their classes to have a little smoother road on this wild ride.  I can't even start to tell all of the things that I have learned over the past 3 months but, I would like to tell about a few of them.  Here are the top five things I have learned about implementing technology learning in my classroom:

5. Students may be digital natives but, that does not mean that technology comes easy to all of them.  They know how to the things that they are familiar with and do not just intuitively understand everything related to technology.

4. You have to think about how you are going to teach the tech as well as how you are going to teach the standards.

3. Everything you do on paper can be done with tech and usually there are many advantages to using the tech.

2. You need to always have a plan B or be ready to think of one on your feet. 

1. Integrating technology into learning has the potential to engage students who never seem to be engaged otherwise.

This is what I have for now.  I am going to be posting at least weekly about a web resource that I have used in the classroom and give a peek into what these digital resources look like in a actual classroom.  This is my own technology learning laboratory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment